Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ex-student, aiming to become a cricketer!




Ex-student, aiming to become a cricketer!

On 29th August 2013, we sent Premjeet who is an ex-student (graduate of our school in class 2012) to Ranchi in Jharkand state next to Bihar.

He will take a training to become a professional cricketer there.

To be a cricketer is his future dream since he was a child.

I and teachers discussed many times about his cricket training, there were argument both for and against it because he has been studying in an institute aiming for IIT.

Once he stops to study, recovering study is very hard.
While he takes the 6 months of training, he won't keep up with his study had been continued 12 years.

He had come many times to see me, and  "This is my last chance" he said.

I talked to principal and we decided a rule that he will take a test of cricket with principal and if he won he can get a permission to go to the training.

The result of the test was....he was defeated by principal.(the principal is good at playing cricket though)

I and principal thought he will give up.

But, he didn't give up.

He came to see me again on the day 2 days before the closing day of the application.

I gave up to make him give up by his passion.

I gave a condition to him instead of a permission of the training.

The condition is to take tuition class and to continue study in Ranchi with the training.

I told him about hardness of the reality that only a handful of people can become professional cricketer, and there is seldom possibility to pass to go to upper league even after taking 6 months training.

He went to Ranchi, and found a room to stay and tuition class too.  It was first time for him being and doing anything alone without family.

The training monthly fee is surprisingly cheap, but it is almost half of his family's monthly income.

He bellowed a bag from a teacher to bring his cloths.

I've heard that some teachers said that madam(me) is too much kind for him about giving permission of the training.

In fact, I would like to give him a chance to learn the hardness of the reality.

It is easier to remain dream as a dream, but it comes to realizing a dream, you will experience of pain of failure.

You can pretend and excuse with any reason or condition if you leave your dream as a dream ever.

I also experienced many failures through challenging dreams come true.

Those pain memories gave me good chances to train my foot to walk on the road of life.

I hope that he will be stronger person going forward and doing his best even he experience painful time in any situation.

I was looking him since he was 6 years old, and I saw him off feeling like myself as his mother.




No comments:

Post a Comment